Applying for an EB-5 investment visa will be a long, costly, and frustrating process. You will have to compile a mountain of documents before you can be approved for a visa, pay several filing fees, and undergo a rigorous screening process before you can seek permanent residence.
Fortunately, our firm can help ease some of the discouraging aspects of the application process. We can tell you exactly which documents the U.S. Embassy or Consulate needs to consider your application, ensuring that you get your visa as quickly as possible:
- Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration. Proof of submission of Form DS-260: Online Immigrant Visa Application and Registration.
- Passport. Each member of your family must submit a passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- Two 2x2-inch photographs. These are used on your visa.
- Civil documents. You must include legible photocopies of any relevant legal documents, such as birth certificates and marriage licenses.
- Medical Examination Forms. You will be required to provide documentation from an approved medical officer attesting you have been cleared for U.S. residence.
While a complete application will increase your chances of expedited approval, you will still have a long way to go before you may apply for permanent residence. You must still meet with a consular officer, be granted approval for any family members traveling with you, and adhere to all of the necessary regulations surrounding your EB-5 business during your initial stay.
At Jatoi & de Kirby, A.P.C., we can help you and your family transition your EB-5 visa into a green card. Contact us for more information.