It’s a competitive market for real estate investors in the U.S., and it seems that Chinese investors are ahead of the curve.
According to the Annual Report on Chinese International Migration 2014, Chinese investors are increasingly seeking EB-5 real estate investments in North America, buying properties in popular areas in order to establish permanent U.S. residence.
In 2011, China became the second-largest overseas property buyer in the U.S.—a number that is only expected to rise, says the Center for China and Globalization and the Social Sciences Academic Press.
The report indicates that there are many reasons Chinese investors are flocking to the U.S. property market, including:
- Location – Beijing native Charles Liu, who recently bought a $1.6M single-family home in California's Silicon Valley last year, noted that by providing a $400,000 down payment he could pay off the mortgage in five to ten years. Rising property values would make the property a significant asset in a desirable location.
- Establishing a business – According to SouFun International, nearly 6 million potential property buyers surveyed said business migration is a main reason for seeking overseas properties.
- Retirement – Many investors are seeking to live out the rest of their lives in America, choosing to live on a sustained income of a safe investments.
- Quality of life – Chinese investors on EB-5 visas also noted the improved quality of life offered in the U.S. for their families, such as job opportunities for their children and the benefits of the U.S. healthcare system.
- Education – One of the many benefits for visa holders’ families are the educational opportunities. Investors’ children and spouses would enjoy access to the best educational resources, giving them a significant advantage to later employment.
To find out if an EB-5 visa is the best choice for you and your family, click the link on this page to order our free guide on the EB-5 visa for Chinese investors. This informational book is presented in both English and Chinese and has many helpful hints on choosing an ideal investment and becoming a U.S. citizen.