As a potential foreign investor, you are probably considering your choice of visa extremely carefully. Many applicants will have the option to travel to the U.S. under several different visa categories, and the first step is selecting which one will best suit you and your family’s needs.
There are many reasons investors opt for the EB-5 visa category. Most notably, an EB-5 visa carries the potential for permanent U.S. residence, which in turn carries significant advantages for investors and their accompanying family members.
Here are just a few benefits of a green card:
- Permanent EB-5 residents possess all the benefits of every other United States resident
- EB-5 investors will enjoy continual, unrestricted access to the U.S. for business and personal purposes
- There are no time limits, visa requirements, renewals or re-application requirements for permanent residents
- Investors may live, work, or own their own businesses anywhere in the country
- EB-5 investors may bring family members to the U.S. (each with the possibility of their own permanent residence)
- Permanent residents will qualify for legal U.S. citizenship after five years of residence
- The U.S. will serve as a safe harbor for your family and your business
- Investors’ children will enjoy access to U.S. colleges and universities and may qualify for reduced tuition rates
- The U.S. provides many federal benefits to foreign residents, including public schools, social security, and medical services
- The cost of living in the U.S. is less expensive than many other industrial nations
At Jatoi & de Kirby, A.P.C., we know that completing your immigration visa application can be a long and frustrating process. That’s why our San Francisco EB-5 green card lawyers can answer all of your legal questions before you begin your investment, increasing your chances of visa approval.