Is it possible for a foreigner to retire to the United States?

While some other countries offer foreigners retirement visas, sometimes known as silver cards, the United States does not have a retirement visa program – and has no current plans of creating one. However, just because the U.S. does not specifically have a visa program for retirees does not mean that there are no options for those who wish to spend their golden years on American soil. 

Retire In The U.S. with EB-5 Investor Visa

If you do not have a close relative who is a United States Citizen and who can sponsor you, your best option for retiring to the U.S. might be an EB-5 investor’s visa. Geared toward foreigners who have accumulated significant wealth and who would like to live and invest in the United States, the EB-5 visa grants eventual permanent residency to those who are willing to invest either $800,000 or $1.05 million in an American business or project. 

Retirement Options Are Possible for EB-5 Investors 

Although it can be difficult to retire in the U.S., and while there is no specific visa program for retirees, there are viable options to consider, especially if you have retirement money that you plan on investing.

If you have questions about retiring in the United States with the EB-5 investment Visa, contact us today to discuss.