How do I apply for Adjustment of Status?

Many EB-5 investors want to know what final steps they need to take in order to be granted permanent residence in the U.S. If you are already living in the U.S., the process is fairly straightforward: you will need to file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

While it only takes one official form to change your status, applicants will need to include many pieces of supporting evidence in order for Form I-485 to be approved. Petitioners should be prepared to submit the following documentation along with their application:

  • A copy of your government-issued photo ID
  • A copy of your birth certificate
  • Two passport-sized photos of you
  • A copy of your passport page with a previous non-immigrant visa (if applicable)
  • A copy of passport page with previous entry stamp (if applicable)
  • Certified copies of any arrest record or court records (if applicable)
  • Form I-94 (Arrival/ Departure Record)
  • Form I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record)
  • An approved copy of your Form I-526 (Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur)

Once these forms have been gathered and completed, you may submit your application to USICIS. If you wish to receive green cards for your spouse and unmarried children, they may be included on your immigration petition, but will all need to file separate Forms I-485 for consideration.