The P-4 Visa for Dependents Application Process

This week, we answered frequently asked questions about the P-4 visa—the visa designated for use by the dependents of other P visa holders. Now, we will take a closer look at who qualifies for a P-4 visa and what the application process looks like. 

Who qualifies for a P-4 visa? 

Two different groups of people qualify for the P-4 visa for dependents: the spouse of a P visa holder and the unmarried children of a P visa holder (as long as they are under the age of 21). No other relatives can travel, live, or accompany the visa holder to the United State legally under a P-4 visa, including parents, grandparents, brothers, or sisters. 

What are the application requirements of the P-4 visa? 

When applying for a P-4 visa, you will need to provide: 

  • A copy of your marriage certificate or other proof of marriage. 
  • A copy of your children’s birth certificates. 
  • A valid passport that does not expire in the next six months. 
  • A headshot picture with a plain background.
  • A non-immigration visa application (Form DS-156). 
  • A copy of your spouse or parent’s Notice of Action (Form I-797)
  • Proof that your spouse or parent holds a valid P visa. 
Vaughan de Kirby
Connect with me
San Francisco California EB-5 Investment Immigration Attorney
Comments are closed.