How to Apply for an L-2 Visa for Dependents of L-1 Visas Applicants

An L-2 visa allows the spouse and the unmarried minor children of an L-1 visa holder to live and study in the United States while the principal L visa holder works and supports them. It is a great option for families that wish to stay together, even after an intercompany transfer or another business opportunity on American soil. 

But how does one apply for an L-2 visa? Let’s take a closer look at the process of securing an L-2 visa for your family:

  • Submit a complete copy of the principal L visa holder’s application, including copies of all associated documents. 
  • Submit a copy of your spouse or parent’s employment verification letter. 
  • Submit your processing fee. 
  • Submit application Form DS-160, a non-immigration visa application
  • Submit proof of your status as a dependent by including a valid marriage certificate or proof of marriage (or, if you are the child of the L visa holder, a birth certificate). 
  • Submit a recent, passport-style headshot. 
  • Submit a copy of your valid passport. 
Vaughan de Kirby
Connect with me
San Francisco California EB-5 Investment Immigration Attorney
Comments are closed.